Conflict & Workplace Violence can take many forms, both within and outside of your facilities. How many of our Top 5 Mistakes hit close to home?
The Top 5 mistakes companies make
When addressing conflict and workplace violence
HAVING A FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY
- “It can’t happen here”
- $130 billion = annual cost to American Workplaces
- 1 in 5 employees =have suffered verbal abuse, bullying, sexual harassment, or physical violence
- Active Shooter < 3%
→ 16,000 threats/day
→ 8,000 assaults/day
NOT HAVING SYSTEMS TO IDENTITY THREATS
- Security Risk Assessment
- Social Media Threat Tracking
- Conflict & Violence Case Management System
- Trend Analytics
NOT HAVING SYSTEMS TO MITIGATE ALL THREATS
- Conflict & Violence Prevention Plan
- Training: Conflict & Violence Prevention, Situational Awareness, Corporate Travel Safety, Active Shooter
- Access to Supplemental Physical Security, Consulting, and Investigation
- Adequate Property & Casualty Insurance Coverage
LACKING AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE DYNAMICS OF ESCALATION
- Violent Ideation
- Research & Planning
- Pre-Attack Prep
- Probing & Breaches
NOT MANAGING TO AVOID THE CONSEQUENCES OF ESCALATION
- PHYSICAL & PSYCHOLOGICAL HARM: Do you know where you are most vulnerable?
- REPUTATIONAL DAMAGE: Is your Glassdoor or media reputation scaring away talent?
- LAWSUITS: Did you know the average jury settlement is $3M?